Many significant dates stand forth when the history of The Norwalk Boat Club is discussed or written. The first and foremost being in September of 1912 at McCarthy’s Restaurant on Commerce Street. This was where the club was first organized before it was incorporated on October 31, 1912.
The Norwalk Boat Club relocated to its present location at 11 Wall Street when the Lockwood Family donated a deed to the land and building on May 29, 1925. But in October, 1955, flood waters rose above the Norwalk River and ripped down the clubhouse.
A month later, a group of members convened at a temporary meeting location and pledged resources and efforts to continue the club. In September, 1969, The Norwalk Boat Club was rebuilt and has since remained at this location.
Stephen “Steve” Holian, Commodore
Jerry Ribeiro, Vice Commodore
Bill Vasale, Rear Commodore
Lee McIntyre, Treasurer
Lewis “Lew” Pennell, Financial Secretary
Patty Frank, Recording Secretary
Albert “Al” Williams, Trustee
George Poloko, Trustee
Matt Lake, Trustee
Sue Vasale, Trustee